Friday, September 02, 2011

Pek-a-Book: Ma.K. Chronicles and Encyclopedia Volume 1



Kow Yokoyama has been wowing me since the early 1980s when I discovered his models in my hometown RPG store. I was probably 9 or 10 years old and was totally mesmerized by his kit-bashed post WW2 military Sci-Fi styles showing scenes of all the mundane aspects of that muddy, alternate universe- such as; fixing the mech, prepping the GEV for flight, tending the farm animals. I seriously loved looking at those kits and the diorama photographs that were included on the box. So you can imagine how excited I was to see a revival of Mr. Kow Yokoyama's work in a handful of nicely printed hardcovered books probably 20 years later. Included inside are kits, sketches and photographs as well as a lot of other bits. If you want to see some ground breaking mech design, and just in general, totally awesome sci-fi, you need to check out these books. Theres 2 Volumes of these and all of his work from the 80's have been reprinted in one form or another. I'll be sure to be posting those other volumes in the coming weeks.

Ma.K. Maschinen Krieger Vol. 1 Chronicle and Encyclopedia
Kow Yokoyama
110 pgs HC
ISBN4-499-22825
Availability: Amazon Japan

No comments: