Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mashinen Krieger vol. 2 Chronicle and Encyclopedia



Here is the second and in my opinion the better of the two Volumes of Ma.K. designs from the very talented and groundbreaking designer Kow Yokoyama. This is one of my top 10 favorite books from my entire collection. Raw, greasy, muddy, and mostly military designs populate this book with some wonderfully lit diorama photographs.
Half a dozen pages in the back contain the pen and ink sketches of his designs. Theres another book that reprints most of these sketches along with a whole bunch more that I will post at a later date. Amazing work, and again, probably my favorite designer of all time. Totally awesome.

Mashinen Krieger vol. 2 Chronicle and Encyclopedia
Kow Yokoyama
Dainipponkaiga
112 pages HC
ISBN4-499-22875-1
Availability; Amazon Japan

No comments: