Sunday, February 22, 2009

Toy Fair


I've been working on some playset prototypes for the fine folks of Sprig Toys and they were kind enough to give me a guest pass to this years Toy Fair. Had a really great time- my favorite booths being; TWH Collectibles, who make scale nearly functioning diecast models of some really really large mining and excavating cranes, shovels, draglines, loaders and a variety of other bits of large equipment. Amazing stuff. My other three favorites were the Bruder booth, Playmobile (the jaques cousteau looking marine playsets made me want to get in the bathtub again), and of course, Sprig Toys.
Had a great time and met some fantastic people. Quite a different vibe than the comic show I had gone to the week earlier. Heres an image of one of the twh toys. The nice lady at he booth left me with the impression that since these are scale replicas, its what companies like P&H Mining, La Tourneau, Bucyrus etc use to sell the actual product. The toys/models were really impressive, I can see how those buyers and execs for the actual mining companies would be salivating and ready to drop millions for this stuff. Sign me up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo ... that's where you've been!
We found a teeny (feral) piglet. It says oink!
Love
Mom

JimmyG said...

Sweeet! What a cool gig. Didja pick up any swag? You could always write off a TWH model as "art reference". I bet they're pretty spendy : (

Gerald de Dios said...

Wait, you got a freelance gig, the a free pass to Toyfair? What a sweeeeeet deal. Sounds like you had a great experience!!!

R.Dress said...

Lucky you!

Jesse said...

Fort Collins?! That's my home town. Wacky.

Kellie Charlton said...

Where do you find these wonderful little jobs?