Thursday, June 29, 2006

Zaha Hadid at The Guggenheim


While in NYC I went and saw the Pritzker Award winning Zaha Hadid's show at the Guggenheim. 10 stars. I Highly recommend this show. A lot of sketches and paintings, and some of the finest architectural models I have ever seen. To put it simply; I want these models on my coffee table. Her and her staff are extremely good at taking graphic shapes and applying them to large architectural projects. The BMW plant in Leipzig, The Contemporary Arts Center of Cincinnati, and the standout of all- The new "Dancing Towers" for Dubai's Business Bay (how is Dubai and all its building plans lately?- whoa!). These photos just dont do the design an ounce of justice- an amazing pair of buildings. Please go see this show. Its not as huge as the very similiar Frank Gehry show of a few years back, but still not one to miss.

2 comments:

Bagel said...

looks awesome

enb said...

She is so good- then she would have her designs for a futuristic car, and it was so bad, so horrible looking, I nearly started crying. This close. How could she be so good and then so bad?
Total emotional rollercoaster....